Saturday 3 November 2007

What You Think Is Funny, I Think Is Rude.

Rating:
Category:Other
Benji Silverman worked as a stunt crew for Candid Camera. His job was probably one of the most interesting, as it varied from him posing as a Police Officer to cleaning the streets when the script called for it.

Yesterday, they had wrapped up a gag involving a pretty crew to get male bystanders to strip in the public for the new season was quite a riot and no doubt surely attract higher ratings with this new batch of writers for the show.

Today they ambushed cameras in an elevator and had planted a suspicious looking garbage in the corner in the elevator. By placing a 'Maintenance' on the other elevator, regular folks would be flushed to enter the bugged up one.

They had managed to lay the smack of surprise, if not some anger to the minorities. But with editing, only the positive reactions made it to the screen.

They waited until an elderly lady named Rosie Zulkbaiyark entered the lift with her walking stick and a huge grocery bag. When the door closed and the lift humming in its ascend, Mdm Rosie was eying the black garbage bag with disgust and curiosity.

There Benji hid, waiting. With the signal to pounce from his earpiece, Benji sprung himself free from the bag like jack in the box, waving his arms around in jubilee.

Mdm Rosie was shocked to the inches of her life went to grab something from her bag. Sometimes people maced Benji, he was half expecting it. Though the other half of him was expecting an inhaler from the old woman which looked like a hundred.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Mdm Rosie had closed her eyes shut in tears and squeezed the trigger of her pistol at Benji. She had shot Benji twice in the face and three more in the chest.

'Oh my god! Oh my god!' Mdm Rosie was heaving in shock while reaching for her inhaler. She did not even dare to open her eyes to see what it was.



End.



This story is my response to telecast gags meant to terror innocent folks out of their wits for infantile humor underlying a subplot for racism.


7 comments:

  1. i failed to read the last line. i googled in vain. aaarrgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's pretty heavy man, care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on my way home in the middle of the night when I boarded the lift containing a huge garbage bag in a corner. It looked as if something feral and rabid could easily fit inside. The doors of the lift clamped shut as it ascended. I kept my eyes at the bag, half expecting it to move. Adrenaline and enclosed spaces are never a good mix. I kept thinking that as shit-tough as i look with my boyband good looks, my heart condition probably cannot withstand if the bag decided to eat me.

    I thought about the innocent and most of the times helpful victims of Gotcha, Candid Camera and Just For Laughs, some gags are pretty testy, if not demeaning on moral spirits. I have seen gawky Asian kids and senior African Americans hit the baddest by the stunt and surprise. It was infuriating and I cannot understand how people can ever find them funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also seen a big bad black dude sock the Just For Laughs dude square in the kisser when he popped out of the dumpster.

    I've heard stories of girls who would agitate their partners into beating them because they enjoy the release when the assault ends.

    I am surrounded by men who deny their own masculinity, their own nature, insist on being stepped on and psychologically abused, just for that brief moment of reciprocation.

    I'd probably yell something not fit for public consumption and give the fella a wedgie when they do the arms-around-your-shoulder-you're-on-camera bit.

    ReplyDelete