Sunday 29 June 2008

Awake In My Arms You Cry Unharmed


Once I learnt that dreams were merely succubus in nature, they cockteased you with possibilities of the other life you wished you had or with the ones you had and lost.

Only the dark materials of the underworld match such villainous seductions.

I hate to dream. It's waking up from robbery of existences. The best kinds.

If God had exiled from the Silver City, then He must have come to the dreamworld. The familiar touch of snatching away paradises as soon as they were given to you was uncanny.

The bully and the kid with lollipop. Mother of all bullies.

I couldn't remember most of them dreams. Just dull heartaches of not knowing what killed me. Some of which I could remember were the worst of all them dreams. They became the ones which haunted me from then on.

There was this one few years ago, Joyce was sitting beside me on a double decker bus. The temperature was sub zero, the windows misting and the imagery's all bruised. She pulled out a large blanket and covered us. You could never picture how heart wrenching it was when I woke up to find myself alone. Alone in the sunshine.

I hate to dream because I am powerless to live it. I loathe to be the passenger, the pillion. I started to figure out how not to dream again. How do you fight dream? They conquered me again and again, usually three to four times a month.

I dreamt that I was on a roller coaster adventure with Alfred and Ah Boon.

I dreamt that I was holding a wondrous conversation with Marcus.

The worst of all, the motherfucker of all bullies: I dreamt that I was in a park with Joyce, she turned around and asked me coldly, 'It's been so many years, how come you have never come and find me?'

I woke up in million pieces and in the back of my head I screamed to get back. So bad, I want to squeeze myself back into dreaming! I want to go back into the park, take her hands and stay with her there forever. I flopped myself back in the bed, away from sunshine, my head deep in covers, my eyes shut real tight. Let me go back. But it doesn't work that way. I'm just a passenger, in your one way trip, in your candy car of 'what ifs'.

I hate to dream. So bad that once I discovered that them dreams usually come at the REM cycle of sleep, I set alarm clocks to wake me up in intervals between a single night, so I could not lapse into REM dreams.

If I look tired to you and eyes shot, kindly pardon me, I had been up fighting myself.



6 comments:

  1. we are actually dreaming Right now ~ we thought that everything is so real and permanent but think about it again, is there really something that is truly existing and permanent? This is actually the big dream that is scary because it look so real and concrete and it binds us to endless suffering. The need to have this & that to be this & that so that we can have this & that... its endless. When we get what we don't want, that's painful. When we can't get what we want, that's painful. When we get what we want, we worry that we'll lose it soon.... ooohhhh.....painful isn't it?

    "Everything is changing & everything is uncertain and that is Suffering." DKR

    The dream in the dream its something like TIA? we still get to wake up from the dream, be it good/bad and feel relieve or heartache that well, the nightmare/sweet dream has ended.

    Wake up from this dualistic endless dream ~ this is more impt.

    ok, that's just my 2 cents worth of personal opinion..... bleah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont you think dreaming is a way for us to cheat death and the linearity of time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to dream too. Exactly as you said. The bitterness after waking up from a fantastic dream and realising its not true. Or the anger/upset that continues on after a bad one. I often wondered y its only me that feels this way. I'm glad you shared. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is just like a dream too. We often dream because in the world of reality, we always will miss and think those things or people we never get it life.

    ReplyDelete