Thursday 13 March 2008

On Kangaroos

Going through a series of night shifts, Roach Nurse was drained and tired. At the end of the shift, she just want to go home to scrub her feelers clean.

Roach Doctor Douchebag: 'Hey nurse! Get me the casefile of patient XYZ.'

Roach Nurse: 'It should over there with the other doctor.'

Roach Doctor Douchebag: 'It's not. Right. Where is it?'

Roach Nurse (Pissed off): 'Should be around.'

Roach Doctor Douchebag: 'Well, it's not!' (Began to follow the nurse around like a douchebag.)

Roach Nurse (Exploded): 'Fine. Look at me. Look closely! Do I look like a fucking kangaroo to you? Do I have an extra skin attach to my belly that keep casefiles? Do I! Stop being spastic, you have a MBBS for crying out loud! My job says I have to keep my patients, all of them alive at the end of the shift, I have to carry out medical treatments and directives that doctors spit out and I have to deal with angry relatives, fine. But they never pay me to find your goddamn casefiles!'

Roach Doctor Douchebag: 'Oh. You will be surprised.'


Several days later, at HR dept.

Roach Nurse: 'What in Hell's name did you say?'

Roach HR Douchebag: 'Yeah. It's in the fine prints.'

Roach Nurse: 'You are telling me that my contract says I'm liable to find casefiles for the doctors?'

Roach HR Douchebag (Shrugged): 'Yeah. Not just files. You will have to get candy if the doctors are feeling whiny.'

Roach Nurse (Rubbing her forehead): 'Tell me again how long more am I bond for?'

Roach HR Douchebag: 'Three more years.'

Roach Nurse (Closing her eyes): 'Damn it!'



2 comments:

  1. i feel for you Roach Nurse!! The fine print ALWAYS gets me too. try: INSURANCE, BANKS, COUPONS, INGREDIENTS and the most evil of them all: EXPIRY DATES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if contracts are official documents and should stand to trial in court then there should never be things like fine prints.

    ReplyDelete