Sunday 6 January 2008

Old As Fuck

I went swimming today.

It's something I had put off from a long time and I finally get around in doing it as a welcome for the new year.

There were too many people in the pool. Sunday. Must take mental note. And there was a kid, tanned and bloody young. He was as tall as my leg. He must have been no more than six. I could drown him just by pressing his head underwater.

He must have been there for a long time, thrashing in the water like a merman. When I had finished my second lap in fretted freestyle, he was already partaking his seventy fourth lap in butterfly strokes. That prick.

I looked around and realised that they were everywhere. One boy which was no more than eleven was teaching his mother how to perform backstrokes to precision. A whole line of prepubescent fuckers giggling as they dived and pieced the water like knives.

I am prehistoric.

An hour after I entered the swimming complex, I extracted myself in breathlessness and shame. I saw a kid by the edge of the swimming pool. He was afraid to jump in, his toes touched the water and withdrew back into dry land. I smiled at the back of my head and almost gun clicked at him.

'That's the spirit, young bean!'


10 comments:

  1. thats what i call a interesting story, old man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are older, u just had ur birthdae

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh (whether you intended it or not). I needed that this early :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it was supposed to be amusing

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~snicker! i hear you. i hate crowded public pools, damn show off place. completely ruins the zen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats the zen part of a swimming pool? =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry as it wasn't amusing for you, he he...Hey, if it makes you feel better,.... I can't swim! I only got to level one of swimmibng school. Can't even do threading right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's true, it was suppose to be a humorous one. but i don't share the universal humor with the rest of the world.

    it is also my secret dream to be explicitly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. morbid humor i guess. or a warped sense of humor.
    thats good. prob one of the reasons why i enjoy reading ur entries.

    ReplyDelete