Saturday 24 December 2011

World's Greatest Mum

 

I rarely see my mother these days. I tried to avoid her. I think it was when she told me this -

Me: "I have been busy with work lately. This is what is happening, I got a very good appraisal at work just this week."
Mother: "Really? Is there money in it?"
Me: "What? No, I guess, a few hundred in the bonus. It's not much."
Mother: "..."
Mother: "Do you know how much does your younger brother earn nowadays? He's earning big bucks."
Me: "Oh."
Mother: "Don't you want to change your job?"
Me: "I like my job."
Mother: "Your brother is really earning astronomically."
Me: "I get it."
Mother: "Alright, alright."
Me: "..."
Mother: "Say, your brother has a bunch of clothes he don't wear as much now. Do you want them?"

Sure, I want them to build a parameter around the refrigerator box I will be living in with my meagre wage and they will be also handy to collect rainwater for me to drink.

3 comments:

  1. Moms are like that... Sure, they want the best for us...
    Me, I went against all of her wishes... I had to live my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear me - that was a pretty brutal conversation. i think i would rather have a root canal.

    ReplyDelete