Monday 21 March 2011

"Multiply Untitled Story by multiple writers" Part 2

This entry was written by j, the original can be found here.

 

Oh fucking hell. Pablo thought.  Is nothing sacred anymore?  It's my goddamned honeymoon for Chrissake.  Can't they even wait until it's over?


Of course he noticed them.  True, he's distracted than usual, smiling wryly to himself, but artists, even the laziest ones, have a keen eye.  Details, it's all about the details.  He certainly didn't appreciated it when they first showed up at Concorde Square.  Romance is fucking hard work with these bastards around.

"Mm?.. " he responded sleepily to Lea.  

"There's someone at the door!"  she whispered more frantically.

"Someone?" he sat up slowly.  His mind raced and wondered how he'll play this out with Lea.  

"Yes, I heard noises...." Lea's voice trailed off and she looked a bit embarrassed.  "I.. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but I'm almost certain someone knocked.. but it was only one time and I.. I'm not sure..." 

Three fucking times Pablo mentally corrected her.  First time when they were in the balcony kissing, second time when she was about to climax and the third time at fucking 2:15am.  

"Let me check.." he started to get out of the bed when she put her hand on his chest.

"No.." she said, "I'm sure it's nothing.. I.. I just need a glass of water."  And she stood up and reached for her robe.

Pablo pretended to yawn and shut his eyes.  He could hear the rustling of her slippers as they made their way to the kitchen.  The faucet running.  The glass laid down on the counter tile.  Her sighing.

Even in the dark he could see doubt on her face and relentless curiosity that needs to be satisfied.  Perhaps she didn't mean it but he knew she kept secrets from him.  He half wondered if its was because she knew he kept secrets from her as well.

He thought about the long scar on her thigh he discovered months ago.  "I was such a tomboy when I was a kid I got that jumping over the fence" she said.  He trailed his tongue over it and nibbled her skin.  Whip?  Knife?  He thought of the options.  It definitely wasn't the fence.

She was trying to be quiet now.  He almost felt the air move when she crept up to the front door.  She might actually open it and check out what's going on.  

"Lea?" he called out.

She stopped in her tracks and quickly returned to the bedroom.  She removed her robe and went back to bed with him.

She nuzzled under his arm and sighed.  Soon she was asleep.

He knew they slipped the key underneath the door and she found it.  Goddamit.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment