Saturday 15 November 2008

Take Me To The Place I Love, Take Me All The Way


When the world ends, all that remains are the words you wrote in my Mandarin textbook.

It's been two months since I last blog. I return to find out I have not change. Nothing change. Pee Wees still whining about the love they don't deserve. Little Ikes continue to rave about teenage angst, brittle tangerines of their ceramic lives. And I. I came back unchanged. Unevolved. I secretly beginning to conclude that we are all afraid of change. Fretting about switching a brand new career and start over. Worrying about marriages and having kids. Vacillating in leaving your abusive partner once and for all. Never turning back.

The reason why we are afraid of change is that we fear that even after change, everything still remains the same. A great leap forward into yesterday.

His dirty blond hair swirled a cloudy dance as he pulled back and forth from the mic. 'Dive! Dive! Dive! Dive in me!' His throat croaked to the thousands of Pee Wees and Little Ikes. His jugular arteries pulsating so hard to the twin beats of the snare and power chords that his fingers felt waves of needles and numbness. Waves of electronic orgasms. He strummed hard at his torn left-handed fender and pushed on the chorus which sounded deafeningly like 'Die! Die! Die! Die with me!'

We're all afraid that we will forever be the same.



3 comments:

  1. I too fear change. But I've always pushed forward into it willing myself to adapt, knowing the consequences if I failed. But unless we face our fears, we'll never conquer them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the most difficult part of the journey is always the first step. inspiration and motivation are the essential part of life. start now! or it will never change.

    ReplyDelete