Tuesday 21 August 2007

The Boy Who Lived

In Half-Blood Prince; in their quest to find out about Voldemort's weakness, Dumbledore had Harry holed up in his Headmaster Office every week and they would travel through the Pensieve into pieces of memories that would clue them to the whereabouts of the Horcrux's.

But the way I see it, with all the dreamy transporting and seeing things that are not real, I could have swear that Dumbledore and Harry are getting high on crack cocaine in the Headmaster Office.

Maybe it's all the crack and a bunch of Star Wars and X-men dvds that little Harry could find when he was locked in Dursley's cupboard. And the whole wizarding magic about Hogwarts, Voldemort, Quidditch and Cho Chang began when it was just boy old Harry tripping in the closet.

Twenty years later, Harry would sober up, got out of his tiny cupboard and realised upon his hairy chin and pits that he was unable to fit into the real world. He had no degree, no social skills and no money in his pockets. Thus the eventual life of crime as a petty criminal.

I'm jesting. God knows that there are billions of Potter fans to piss around with. I'm half way through The Order Of Phoenix and can't wait to read book seventh. My brother said that at least fifty bitches perished in that final book, and that was all I allowed in before I struck my fingers in my ears and went 'lalalala~! Shut the A up, you midget!' so loud that the neighbouring tables in the diner were offended and embarrassed.

We know that the some of the churches take quite a stern stand on Rowling's marvel. I am thinking that it is totally uncalled for. It's just a damn book. Just please go and sit on Dan Brown, will ya, and give Rowling a break? And yesterday, I saw this (the image above) scarlet banner outside a grand church at Dhoby Ghaut.

Benedict. You gotta chill a bit. Perhaps some alone time in the Pensieve will help.

4 comments:

  1. Yup ...I'm trying to find some time to read the book too...When it was out in the bookstores , I quickly went through the epilogue.;)

    Now I have the e-book version of it on my phone.
    I think I'll go blind trying to read the small fonts of my cell phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did that too, but it didn't say much.

    ReplyDelete