Saturday 30 December 2006

The Wayward Cloud Again















I don't mind watching a good film again and again. Really.

I have watched 'Signs' for the fourth time.

'Fight Club' for the third time.

'Alien' trilogy for don't know how many thousandth time.

Today I revisited Tsai Ming Liang's 'Wayward Cloud' for the third time. My first encounter with Tsai Ming Liang's work was years ago which I believed was a film titled 'The Hole'. It featured two lonely tenants living a level apart dug a hole through the ceiling into each other lives and hearts. Like 'The Hole', 'Wayward Cloud' was too filled with eternal silences, musicals and bizarre romance.

'Wayward Cloud' was not well received in the director's homeland Taiwan, where audience walked out of the cinema in the middle of the movie. However, it won big in that year's Berlin's Silver Bear.

I first watched it with Chang and ZR in 2005. We left the cinema with unparalleled feelings. Chang cursed and swore, ZR raised his eyebrow in puzzlement and I was utterly blown away. So blown away that I kidnapped my girlfriend the very next day and forced her to watch the movie with me again. She hurt me real bad after that.

For the third time I watched 'Wayward Cloud', the fully uncut version of DVD (which included a cum-shot scene), I was filled with the same exhilaration that washed me in 2005.

My lust to own all Tsai Ming Liang's works ignited once more.














4 comments:

  1. oh same! u know i watched twister, abyss and forrest gump more than 20 times. n terminator 2 also.. n the most? stephen chow movies, those rubbish conversations n actions are like so classic to me. will go check out this cloud movie soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cock Show. The Best Is Still Korea's "The Classic " By Son Ye-JIn. Watched It For Dunno How Many Times. Best Of The Best.
    DeathNote Is Great Too.
    Wu Jian Dao Is Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all hail to the beautiful Son Ye-Jin!

    ReplyDelete