Monday 1 January 2007

And You Already Know How It Will End


A conclusion for
2006.

Before we buried 2005, I wrote a uber long
entry.
Summary impairment, it's a very haunting condition. There I wrote my
favorite play-list of the entire year and some meek
resolutions.

Journey in life is winding and
unpredictable; (who knows that instead of learning malay or run a
marathon, I went through a open heart operation - [1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]?).
I think I'll scape the resolution part for 2007.

In
honor of closing the year, I'm gonna give out the raknax Award 2006
(which we had in 2005 as
well).





The
raknax Award 2006 for
top 5 movie
events
go to:

(not in any
order)



The Host (Bong
Joon-Ho)



I Not Stupid Too
(Jack Neo)




Little Miss Sunshine
(Jonathan Dayton/ Valerie Faris)




Lady In The Water (M.
Night Shyamalan)




The Prestige
(Christopher Nolan)



The raknax Award
2006
for best music album of the
year goes to:




The Eraser (Thom
Yorke)



The raknax Award
2006
for the best graphical
novels

are:




V For Vendetta (Alan
Moore)




Death Note (Tsugumi
Ohba/ Takeshi Obata)


2006 was a very eventful year for me. I learnt more
about myself this year than a dozen combined.

-
That I could not grow a complete beard.

- That I
have a physique of Wolverine! (I healed darn fast from my
operation)

- That I can like other color than my
usual black. It's purple. Yes, you read it right, it's purple. I don't
know why I like purple, perhaps it's a gloomy color like black, or
perhaps I always associate it with kinky sex.

- That
I still like writing. Words, rhymes and its construction to relate a
story still fascinates me.

- That I'm warming up to
the idea of marriage. Now that's something.

- That
I'm in fact very needy. Thus it is very vital to know who you can rely
on, especially after the operation when I learnt the most important
thing about my life - who was there for me, and who wasn't there. It is
very important. No one wants to need the wrong person. I guess
ironically, it helps me to understand that I have so much yet so few
friends.

- That family is very important.



My dreams for 2007 continues to be the
same: Money, chicks and more
money.

Ya.






20 comments:

  1. I've always liked the way you write... it's really honest and sometimes ugly... but that's life.

    Hands down for THE EARSER!!!

    May your year ahead be blessed with good health and good luck for all the things u want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hands down!

    the raknax Award 2006 declared it won hands down over The Killer's Sam Town, My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade and Arctic Monkey's Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (though veri close runnerup) and even The Muse's Black Holes and Revelations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I think I'm going to get Little miss sunshine's dvd. :) All the best Raknax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad that you had pull through your operation. I hope that was a blessing in disguise, and I can see that it is, the fact is that I've seen a change in you, at least in the cyberspace.

    Friends are important, family is even more important, and I am happy that you have learned it on your own. :)

    I sincerely hope to see you write more in the coming years, this is the only way that I can and will know that you are still living in this mother earth.

    It is strange enough that we have never ever met, and your initial writting wasn't quite of my preference. However, I do really see a shift in your perspective in life in the year of 2006, rather radically I would say.

    Live fully, friend, for yourself, for your love ones, for the money that you are going after, for the friends around.

    Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, have a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how so?

    becos year of pig ar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a part 2? Part 1's one of my faves! Happy New Year, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. part two is even better and touching than part one! you should watch it if you like part one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is if I see a copy or happen on it on TV. I just saw the first on TV. But really more in love with Homerun...

    ReplyDelete
  10. homerun is okay la, maybe becos it's not an original film...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know you had a staring contest with Death and won.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, i'm impressed.. you managed to read most of it.

    yes, it's quite a major event in 2006 for me. and it's over. not quite, cos it expiry 20 years later and i would have to go under the knife again. but 20 years... fuck care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. warming up to the idea of marriage? that is something indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I know about it. But it's still original to me especially since I read that "beneath" the story lies a sort of political "commentary" about the relationship between Singapore and, I think, Malaysia. Here's my review of it if you haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i read that review many many months ago~

    ReplyDelete